Social Work Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


If you still have questions that are unanswered, please feel free to contact the UCCS School of Public Affairs.


Bachelor of Social Work Program

Bachelor of Social Work Program
How do I apply for the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program at UCCS?
What does “in-progress coursework can be counted” mean?
What are the requirements for admission to the Bachelor of Social Work major?
Can a BSW degree help me pursue an MSW degree?
What is a field placement and how does it work?
Is financial aid available to help me pursue the BSW?
How much does the BSW cost?
Is the UCCS BSW program Accredited?

Master of Social Work Program

Master of Social Work
What are the perquisites for the MSW program?
Is the GRE required for admission to the UCCS MSW program?
What materials are required to apply for the MSW program?
What is the Professional Statement?
Who should I list as my professional references?
What options do you have for students who hold a Bachelor of Social Work?
How many credits will I need to take each semester?
Is financial aid available to help me pursue the MSW?
How much does the MSW cost?
Is the UCCS MSW program Accredited?
Does either the UCCS BSW or MSW program Grant Credit for Life Experience?
Field Education
What is field education?
What are the required hours for field education?
I am considering applying to the Extended Study Program. Can I complete my field hours over 4 or 5 years?
How will I be matched with an agency for Field Education?
Can I complete my field placement at my current place of employment?
I currently work and/or volunteer at a community agency where I would like to complete my field education hours. How can this agency become a field site?