BACJ Program Details
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice Program Details
The Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice program utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to capture both the academic liberal arts emphasis and the professional and policy knowledge required to educate criminal justice professionals. Criminal Justice is a broad and increasingly interdisciplinary field. Students who complete the Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice degree will:
- be able to draw on multiple disciplines and research traditions to identify and understand the social and behavioral contributors to crime and delinquency
- have a comprehensive understanding of the institutions in the criminal justice system and how politics and policy making affect these institutions
- have effective critical thinking and oral and written communication skills
- have a comprehensive knowledge of the ethical concerns of the criminal justice field
- understand how perceptions of the criminal justice system vary cross-culturally and how such differences influence policy and public perception.
Students who complete this degree may seek employment in law enforcement, corrections, courts and related areas. This employment can be within the public, nonprofit or for- profit sectors, providing multiple options for Criminal Justice graduates.